Friday, October 8, 2021

Five Fall Favorites: Babies



Welcome back to day 5 of FFF!



I don't know about you, but after all that bike riding yesterday, I'm awfully sore. I'm sooo glad I got put in charge of holding down the benches today. *smirks* *pats seat next to me* C'mon, there's plenty of room. We've got several benches here, I think everyone should fit. Doesn't it feel so good to get off your feet for a bit? Anyway, while I've got your attention, let me show you the books I picked for today's genre! Today's picks all feature...you guessed it—babies! With October being Respect Life month, don't you think it's fitting? 


Am I the only one that adores children?? I personally have more fun with kids that can talk and run around, but babies are absolutely adorable. 

(NOTE: every link that you click will open a new tab in your browser. I know how annoying it can be to leave the original post.)


The Strange Case of Baby H - Kathryn Reiss


Who doesn't love a good mystery? Admittedly, it's been a loooong time since I've read this one. But I honestly really loved all the American Girl history mysteries and this one is no exception. A baby found on a doorstep with a note attached to it? That's a recipe for an epic story. *grins*


A Cry in the Dark - Beverly Lewis


Once again, it's been a long time since I've read this one (but not quite as long as Baby H). But this story is super cute. And the ending? *sniffs* soooo sweet. 


Never Say Goodbye - Sarah Grace Grzy


Is this book technically a romance? ...Yes. But it also has a single dad trope which plays a huge role in the story, and may I just say that Murrae is the most adorable little girl e v e r. Find my review here.

Martin Hospitality - Abigayle Claire


Unplanned pregnancy, forced out of her apartment, ends up living with a family on a farm in the middle of nowhere. It's just one of those books that kinda reminds you of Little House on the Prairie: it's not really about anything other that just plain ol' life. Read my review here, and also my review of the sequel here.


The Family Secret - Susan K. Marlow


Of course I had to mention the Circle C Adventures again. Baby Hannah is a brat. But she's also cute. And she teaches Andi patience. *cackles*


Loads more cuteness awaits at the literary lodge!


And if you haven't entered the giveaway by now you obviously don't follow orders very well. So let's try it this way: Don't enter the giveaway! (Pssst—this is the LAST DAY to enter!)



Tomorrow is the last day! *cries* Make sure you come back for the final hurrah!


12 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these books!! But I'm thinking I really need to read Circle C...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read Bererly Lewis, but A Cry in the Dark caught my interest. So did The Strange Case of Baby H. :)
    So many babies. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first tried to read some of the History Mystery American girl books, I was terrified because it was so scary. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve read Never Say Goodbye & Martin Hospitality! The others look good, particularly A Cry in the Dark & The Strange Case of Baby H. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read a few History Mysteries, but I'm not sure about that one. Looks interesting!

    CutePolarBear

    ReplyDelete
  6. American Girl History Mysteries!!!!! This is the first time I've seen someone rec one of these stories. XD I think I only read a couple, though. I was young and they were kind of scary. XP I LOVE Beverly Lewis's books!!!! I haven't read A Cry In The Dark yet. Never Say Goodbye . . . *heart eyes* And Martin Hospitality, too! I want to read them all!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Family Secrets drove me nuts...but it was also good for Andi to learn some patience;p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yesss love Never Say Goodbye!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any of these! So exciting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh I LOVED the American Girl historical mysteries when I was younger!! It's been forever since I've read any; I need to reread some of them. The other books you recommended sound really interesting too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing these reads. I haven't read that particular American Girl before. I mostly read Josefina, Felicity, and Samantha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, I completely forgot about A Cry in the Dark. I read that series like 7 times when I was 11-14. *commences having flashbacks*

    ReplyDelete

Don't see your comment appear right away? No worries! After getting far too many nasty scam comments, I turned on the comment moderator. Your comment will appear once I approve it!