Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Five Fall Favorites: Go-To Favorites



Today I get to SCREAM to the WORLD about books that I'm ALWAYS going to recommend!  


Is anyone else feeling the chill in the air? I'm glad I got assigned to the blankets room today. I'd love to just burrow under the entire pile, but *sigh* I suppose I'll share with you. For now. Here, have some hot chocolate. Would you like marshmallows or whipped cream? Epic. While you're in here, getting warmed up, let me tell you about books that I don't think I'll ever get tired of reading. Speaking of which, I think it's time to go reread them all again...


(NOTE: every link that you click will open a new tab in your browser. I know how annoying it can be to leave the original post.)


The Blades of Acktar - Tricia Mingerink


C'mon, y'all HAD to know that this one was gonna be in here. I'm not a fantasy person but WHEN I SAY THAT THIS SERIES IS AN ALL-TIME FAVORITE...*chef's kiss* y'all. I just...no words. *flails* no words. Assassins with DAGGERS and INJURY and maybe I enjoyed the bit of torture *cough* and just...yeah. The covers make them look like some epic fantasy series when really, they're just medieval books that take place in a different world. And I love it. (okay maybe that 'no words' line was a bit of an exaggeration)


Circle C Adventures - Susan K. Marlow


I met Mrs. Marlow at a convention back before I'd even heard of these books. But she told me about them and my mom kinda had no choice but to get the entire series because IT'S A WESTERN SERIES about a girl that was my age (at the time) and I've reread them since then, and I adore the companion series, and these are just a must-read for anyone of any age that loves a good clean western.


Sgt. Major Eric Moyer series - Jeff Struecker & Alton Gansky


Y'all KNOW I'm gonna mention this one. Christian military thrillers that keep you on the edge of your seat? Uh, yeah!! I absolutely adore the characters. I adore the plots. I adore the entire SERIES. And I think I need to go reread them again.


Questions of War - Jesseca Wheaton


This series, y'all. Will the books pull on your heartstrings? Yes. Will they make you stare at the wall for about 29310 hours after finishing? Yes. Were they written by a close friend of mine so I'm slightly biased? ...maybe. But honestly you HAVE to read them if you enjoy WWII fiction. Read my review of book 2 here.


Angels Walking - Karen Kingsbury


Confession: I haven't actually read this book more than once. But you know it's incredible if I'm still mentioning it as a favorite book. Honestly, I can't bring myself to read it again because I'm afraid that if I do, it won't be as special. But at the same time, I'm DYING to go reread it because of how special it is. Baseball player. Nursing home resident. The relationship between the two is the sweetest thing you'll ever see. And it's on my favorites list because, even though I read it three years ago, I'm still thinking about it.


Of course, don't forget to visit the literary lodge to explore all of the other rooms! 


And did I ever think for a minute that you forgot about the giveaway? No. No I did not. But if you did, go enter, dude!



I just realized that the party is half over! *cries* But hey, there's still three more days to go!


22 comments:

  1. I've never read any of these books, but they look so nice!! Especially Circle C and Questions of War... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much "yes!!!" to the CCA series!! :D :D :D I've also read Questions of War series . . . my favorite book was #3. :)
    But . . . *gasp* I haven't read any of the others on your list! I'll have to check them out . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I knew you'd approve of that choice! ;) *gives you a gentle nudge* go read, Ellie... ;)

      Delete
  3. The QOW series are the best <33 I reaaaaally want to read all the others… CCA never was very interesting to me but y’all are recommending it so much it’s on my list now lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss they are *cries*
      Wow, really?! Katja, you must read themmmmm!!

      Delete
  4. You have mentioned Angels Walking several times, so I should probably give it a try! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I hadn't realized that I talked about it that much...but hey, you know it's good, then. ;)

      Delete
  5. I haven't read any of these, but I've seen lots of people recommend the Circle C books! *wonders if I should read them, but is generally too cheap to read anything that's not free or on-sale* XD XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gasp! None?! *slowly dissolved into a puddle of sadness* no, for real though, I completely understand. *cough* I'm the exact same way, sooooo *hides*

      Delete
  6. I've read the CCA and of course Questions of War. Haven't read any of the others. Thanks for sharing. It's fun to see what books people read again and again. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, of course. ;) Yeah, it is...my TBR is too big already. XD

      Delete
  7. *sighs happily and burrows under blanket* These all look so good!! I have to admit, I haven't spent too much time looking at "The Blades Of Acktar", but now I really, really want to read it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to read the Blades of Acktar series. Thanks for these recommendations! I really enjoy these FFF parties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *nodnod* yep, yep, yep, you do.
      Aww yay, I'm so glad you're enjoying the party!!

      Delete
  9. These all look really good! I definitely need to read the Blades of Acktar series!

    ReplyDelete

Don't see your comment appear right away? No worries! After getting far too many nasty scam comments, I turned on the comment moderator. Your comment will appear once I approve it!