Saturday, October 9, 2021

Five Fall Favorites: Top 5 of 2021


It's the last day of the party! *cries* And here, I was having so much fun, too. I got allllll of this week's posts up and scheduled LAST WEEK (wow I'm actually on top of things for once), so all I've had on my to-do list has been to add to my mountainous TBR and reply to y'all's comments. I feel like I'm on vacation or something.


Aaaaanywayyyyy. Seeing as how I'm a farm girl myself, I think it's rather fitting that my room today is in the barn. Those of you who didn't return your blankets the other day can sit on them, and everyone else can make yourselves comfortable here in the hay. We've got quite a pile here, so if you're feeling extra energetic today, you can jump down into it from the loft—just sign this waiver real quick before you do, thank you. *cackles*


Today I'm talking about my five favorite books that I've read so far this year. I read a lot of good books, y'all, but these are just the ones that stood out extra bright. The ones that I couldn't stop thinking about for a long time afterward. So while you animal lovers go pet the horses, I'll entertain the rest of you by handing out the books I have. There's quite a few of us, so we'll have to share.

(NOTE: every link that you click will open a new tab in your browser. I know how annoying it can be to leave the original post.)


Whose Waves These Are - Amanda Dykes


I know I just talked about this one in Thursday's post but guyyyyys I can't flail about this one enough. If you're looking for a whimsical novel that will absolutely SHRED your heart (I mean, who really wants their heart to be broken? Not me. But this book is incredible nonetheless.), slowly piece it back together, and make you absolutely fall in LOVE with the characters, then this one is definitely for you.


The Final Hour - Andrew Klavan


In stark contrast to Whose Waves These Are, we have The Final Hour, the last book in the Homelanders series. Charlie is quite possibly the most patriotic book character I've ever met, and the way he stuck to what he knew was truth despite being surrounded by lies...not only is the book suspenseful and a real page-turner, but it's also inspiring. Read my quick, 5-sentence review of the whole series here.


The String - Caleb Breakey


This book is honestly kinda creepy and I wouldn't recommend it for slightly sensitive readers. But it's also inspiring, epic, and suspenseful at the same time. Fighting for right when wrong is so strong. Despite the odds. Despite the risks.


Under the Bayou Moon - Valerie Fraser Luesse


Honestly loved this one wayyyyy more than I thought I would. I'm not a fan of water and boating and such (I'm not a huge fan of swimming to begin with, but being on water that could potentially kill me? *shudders*), but in this case, it added to the authenticity of the story and I just really adored this one. Read my review here.


The Secret Keepers of Old Depot Grocery - Amanda Cox


Is this story as whimsical as it looks? Yes. Yes, it is. The dual timeline wasn't too hard to get used to, and the characters were all frustrating and relatable and endearing all at the same time. If you want see me go on and on about what is probably the best side character EVER because of how he sacrificed himself, read my review here.


Aaaaaand just like that, Five Fall Favorites 2021 comes to a close. It's been fun, y'all. Don't forget to visit the Literary Lodge to find everyone else's top 5 reads of the year, a downloadable list of all of the books mentioned this week, and to see if you won the giveaway! (or maybe they were just gonna notify the winner...not sure *rubs chin*)
 
BUT WAIT - THERE'S MORE! As a grand finale to this spectacular week, a bunch of authors collaborated to put together a HUGE ebook sale, running TODAY ONLY! You'll have to visit the Literary Lodge to find all the info on that as well.


A HUGE thank you to Rebekah Morris and Erika Mathews for organizing this party, even amidst their busy schedules!! Let's give them a hand! *queue applause and fanfare*


What was your favorite genre this year? What book looked the most interesting?


7 comments:

  1. I’ve read none of these but they all look so good…
    Thanks for joining the party, Kate! It was so nice seeing your recommendations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kaitlyn for being a part of this year's Five Fall Favorites! I enjoyed reading your posts each day.
    I haven't read a single book on your list for today, but that last one sounds interesting. *marks it on my FFF list of books*
    And you're welcome. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so appreciate you putting this together, Rebekah!

      Delete
  3. Ah, five new books to read!!! XD *sighs contentedly* Thank you so much for sharing your recs!!! I loved reading your posts and getting to extend my TBR list! *smirks* I'm so sad this is over, but I'll continue to read anything you post! :D I seriously love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Kenzie, thank you!! That's sweet of you to say. :)

      Delete
  4. I feel like I would really enjoy Valerie Fraser Luesse's books. I even have two of them. But have I read them? NO. Of course not. xD

    ReplyDelete

Don't see your comment appear right away? No worries! After getting far too many nasty scam comments, I turned on the comment moderator. Your comment will appear once I approve it!