Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Five Fall Favorites - Day 3: Medical


Today's genre was super fun! Probably mostly because it was pretty easy to find enough books to shove in y'all's general direction. ;)



How are you enjoying the party?? Started reading any of the new recommendations yet? Or has your TBR just grown about ten times?? Even though I'm writing this post ahead of time, I think I can safely say that my TBR has become a small mountain!


And nowwww, on to the medical books!


 A Question of Loyalty by Jesseca Wheaton


If it's by Jesseca Wheaton and if it's a part of her Questions of War series, then you definitely know it's going to be good! Of course I'd recommend reading the trilogy in order, but I've heard that this one could be read as a standalone. It's all about WWII and military medics and nurses and prison camps and...*grins* time for a reread.


When Crickets Cry by Charles Martin


This. Book. Is. So. Beautiful. It makes your heart ache for what was lost. It gives you hope for the future. Aaaaannnnd...pretty much anything else I tell you about it will give away spoilers. But. There's a little girl in it. And a man with a past that would make you cry. And a river. So there's that.


Never Say Goodbye by Sarah Grace Grzy


I was afraid I wasn't going to like this book, seeing as how it looks like a completely sappy romance, but it's not. And it has a tiny lil' baby girl. And a doting paramedic father whom she has wrapped around her finger. And a bookstore owner (!!!!!) and a past that comes back with hurts and just...*happy sigh* soooooo good. Read by my review here.


Tomorrow We Die by Shawn Grady


If this looks like a suspense novel, it is. ;) Another book about a paramedic who discovers secrets that may, if he were to be found out, cause his demise. I wish I could share my favorite Grady novel, but, ya know, that one's about a firefighter and wouldn't exactly fit in the 'medical' category.


Angels Walking by Karen Kingsbury


This...this is literally one of the sweetest books I've ever read. I want to read again so bad. Tyler, a baseball player, sustains an injury (I love sports-related books anyway, but add an injury and you've got me sold! *smirks*) and ends up having to find a job. This job lands him in a nursing home (as an EMPLOYEE, don't worry!), where he meets a woman that changes his life. Except this woman isn't a romantic interest. And AAAAHHHHH I LOOOOOVE this book!!!





Who else loves a bonfire—especially when there's s'mores involved?? *mouth watering* The evenings are getting cooler, at least where I'm from they are, so scoot a little closer to the flames and read by firelight. Sorry I don't have any blankets to offer you today, but if you visit the blankets room, I'm sure they'll let you bring one outside for a bit. ;)

(psssst—don't forget to find the books room for your free short story!)



And, of course, there's always the giveaway...




Do you enjoy medical books? Or do you faint at the sight of blood—real or imaginary?

12 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these except "Never Say Goodbye" (which I mentioned in my post today, too :D), but they all look interesting! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me sold on "When Crickets Cry" and the suspense novel....
    Also I need to reread AQOL and I just read it in March. XP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of these books, but I haven't read them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of these books, but I really want to read When Crickets Cry and A Question of Loyalty now! I always love books about WWII!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these. I'll have to add some to my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you got me sold on all of them...except I've already read "Never Say Goodbye" and loved it!
    -Faith Gilliosa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen Kingsbury! ❤️❤️ I love her books. Haven't read this one, yet. Definitely going on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read and loved all but "When Crickets Cry by Charles Martin" which I now want to read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course I've already read AQOL and Never Say Goodbye, but not the others. They sound interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes yes yes!!! 2nd time I've seen "Never Say Goodby" on the Medical list!!! I won a give away and now have too LOVELY copies of that and its counterpart, "Live without you". *grins* They are fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh, I'm checking out Tomorrow We Die!

    ReplyDelete

Don't see your comment appear right away? No worries! After getting far too many nasty scam comments, I turned on the comment moderator. Your comment will appear once I approve it!