Tuesday, January 19, 2021

2020 Bookish Recap



Meant to do this last week buuuuuut life kinda got in the way.

(Aka Kaitlyn was just too lazy and wanted to read instead but pfft #minordetails)

Better late than never, right? *grins*

So. According to Goodreads, I...

-Read 69 books (Like...dude. For me, that's...a lot O.O)

-Read 18,387 pages (y i k e s)

And rather than recapping it all in text, here's some pictures 'cause they're so much more interesting.


This one was actually really good! Full review here.

I know I read a short story somewhere...*rubs chin* Oh well.  Find my review of The Coronation here.


Duuuude this makes me look like I worked hard! I like it. *cackles*

I...read a lot of good books this year. *shrugs* Definitely not a bad thing.

Definitely worthy of such a high rating. Definitely. *nods*

*GASP* This series...I binge-read all of them ('cept the last one 'cause #reasons but they're allll finished and AAAAAAH) and I LOVE THESE BOOKS.



Mmkay, so. Now is the time I start flailing about my top 5 'cause I kinda started that as a tradition. But Y'ALL THERE'S SO MANY THAT I WANNA PUT ON MY TOP 5 LIST THAT I JUST—*deep breath*

I want to talk about all. of. them. So. How 'bout I give you allll of my 5-star reads of the year, and then I'll narrow them to my top 5, and then down to my favorite one of the year. If possible.






Mmkay? Mmkay.
-The entire Blades of Acktar series by Tricia Mingerink
-All Manner of Things by Susie Finkbeiner // review
-Stories that Bind Us by Susie Finkbeiner // review
-Certain Jeopardy by Jeff Struecker & Alton Gansky
-Blaze of Glory by Jeff Struecker & Alton Gansky
-Fallen Angel by Jeff Struecker & Alton Gansky
-Candle in the Darkness by Lynn Austin
-In 27 Days by Alison Gervais // review
-The Torch Keepers by Hosanna Emily // review
-Mercy Me by Margaret A. Graham
-Concealed by Lisa M. Clark
-Window Fellow by Faith Potts {a short story} // review
-Stop the Rain by Kassie Angle // review
-Untitled by Jesseca Wheaton // review
-Set the Stars Alight by Amanda Dykes // review
-Never Say Goodbye by Sarah Grace Grzy // review

Soooo apparently 25 of the books I read in 2020 I rated 5 stars?? Wow. *grins* Definitely not mad about that.

Now to narrow them down...*scratches head* *deep breath* okay. I think I've got it.

My top five favorite reads of 2020 are...

Defy

All Manner of Things

Set the Stars Alight

Concealed

Stop the Rain

AND NOW FOR ME TO SCREAM ABOUT MY FAVORITE READ OF 2020!!

*deep breath*

MY FAVORITE READ OF 2020 IS...

SET THE STARS ALIGHT


*queue fanfare and fangirling*

I linked to my review ^^up there somewhere, but just in case I only JUST NOW convinced you to check it out, and you don't wanna scroll back up to find it, you can find the book here and my review here. You're welcome. *smirks*

It's so WHIMSICAL and BEAUTIFUL and ACHING and COOL.

Also I love Dash.

(and just LoOK at ThAt cOVeR *alllll the heart eyes*)

Just go read it. You'll thank me later.


What was your top read of 2020?? (also if you've read Set the Stars Alight and didn't like it, don't tell me)

4 comments:

  1. So fun!!!!!!!
    I really, really need to read Untitled. *star eyes*
    And apparently I really need to read Set the Stars Alight, too. XD That cover . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop the Rain was amazing. 😍 And I'd love to read Set the Stars Alight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you on narrowing it down XD XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. *weeps over all the pretty covers*

    ReplyDelete

Don't see your comment appear right away? No worries! After getting far too many nasty scam comments, I turned on the comment moderator. Your comment will appear once I approve it!