Thursday, February 4, 2021

My Latest Jams


After a brief and unplanned hiatus (y'all didn't notice I was gone? Ha, I really didn't either), I'm back with a post to combine two of MY LOOOOOOOOVES.

Have you guessed it yet?

*grins* 

BOOKS N' MUSIC, BABY!

*grins again* I'm sooo happy to be writing this post. 'Cause I get to take my story playlists and favorite podcasts and say HERE GO LISTEN! ('Cause that's all I've been listening to lately—if it's not my CD collection, particularly Joseph Habedank, then it's my Little Boy Blue story playlist or writing podcasts.)

Have I actually been writing and putting these media outlets? HA! I'm preparing myself for the day I actually sit down and write. *nods*

Besides, I actually have been writing a bit! I joined The Writer Games contest to see where I'd end up...and three rounds later, I'm one of the three finalists! It's been a super fun and challenging experience, and if you'd like to see some of my best writing (and a couple of other pretty fantastic entries!), we'd love love love for you to go vote for your favorite!

Anyway. On to the fuuuuunnnn part! *rubs hands together*

First up, I'll give you some songs from my Little Boy Blue playlist. I've got 40 songs on it, but to save you all the time that you would spend (so wisely, I might add) to listen to all of them, I'll just share a few of my favorites. ;)

In no particular order, 'cause I love all of these and choosing one favorite is like choosing a favorite book...


Brother - NEEDTOBREATHE


Here I Am - Bryan Adams


He Ain't Heavy, He's my Brother - Glen Campbell


Stand - Rascal Flatts


Ceasefire - for KING & COUNTRY


Brothers Under the Sun - Bryan Adams


Even if it Hurts - Sam Tinnesz


Every Storm - Gary Allan



Welllll, whaddaya think? *bounces in my chair* I just love these songs.

So. Now, we get to the podcasts! I generally do not like to listen to anything but music, but I finally decided that if I'm not gonna write, I can at least try to improve my writing by listening to writing podcasts! 'Cause I can do this while I work, and kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. So, if you'd like to hear about a few of my favorites...


Exploring the Blank Page with Emilie Hendryx and Christen Krumm
I've followed Emilie on Instagram for awhile, so when she and her friend Christen started a writing podcast, of course I had to check it out! It's so much fun to listen to these two interact with their various guests, and all of the golden writing tips inevitably sprinkled in!

The Kate & Abbie Show with Kate and Abbie Emmons
I've enjoyed watching Abbie's YouTube channel, which is full of fantastic writing advice. But I don't have the time nor the phone battery to spend hours watching said videos. So when she and her sister Kate started a podcast, I was so excited! It's so much fun to listen to these two interact. Plus, I really enjoy their case studies.

Story Embers with...uh...the Story Embers staff
I personally don't do a whole lot with Story Embers aside from listen to their podcast, but I have heard nothing but good about them as a resource for any aspiring writers...or published authors, for that matter! And listening to their panel of writers discuss various topics writing-related will really make you think about your writing.'

Hope Prose with Tara K. Ross and Rebekah Black
I can't tell you how many books have been added to my TBR because of this podcast! Listening to Tara and Rebekah interact with the authors that they host is so entertaining, and I love hearing about all the authors' experiences and fabulous advice. Plus, Tara (whose voice is ah-mazing, btw) always reads an excerpt from a book by the author they're interviewing!


So come, come, come, my friends, and tell me what you've been listening to lately! I'm always on the lookout for new fantastic tunes to become obsessed with (just ask my mom—she's sick of Glen Campbell *cackles*).

Do you listen to podcasts? What are some of your favorites?

5 comments:

  1. Fun, fun, FUN!! I loooove listening to music (mainly Christian contemporary) when I'm writing/reading. Mybe I should steal this post idea . . . ;)
    Voted for your story! It was great! <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love music so much! Like, it gets me through everything from cleaning my bedroom (yikes,) to those hard days/nights. There is literally music for every mood! Country, Christian (contemporary & gospel), 80’s Rock, Broadway, Oldies, and even some good ol’ Swing vibes! Yup, music is totes awesome. *wink*

    (Stand... <3)
    (Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron... XD)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw, great post... && I’m rooting for your story to win!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best, Kate! Hope you win!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya know when it's by NEEDTOBREATHE it's gotta be LIT. Also Stand (MY FREEDOM SONG). Also Ceasefire bc fK&C. Also Every Storm <333 I don't listen to many podcasts, but I enjoy Abbie's channel, so I should definitely check out the podcast too.

    ReplyDelete

Don't see your comment appear right away? No worries! After getting far too many nasty scam comments, I turned on the comment moderator. Your comment will appear once I approve it!