Tuesday, December 1, 2020

More 2020 Indie Releases

I know that pretty much everyone is saying this today, but I'll go ahead and say it too: *deep breath* HOW cAN it bE dECEmbER AlREadY?!?!?! (for real, where did 2020 go?!) *clears throat* Okay. Now that that's over, we can get on with the post.


Juuuuust in case y'all need any last-minute gifts for that person who always just wants books for Christmas (*cough* like me *cough*), I've got another list of Indie releases from this year! If you missed my last post on this subject, you can find that here.


Today I've got a few more than last time, so bear with me, haha! And I know there's still more indie books out there that have released this year that I'm not mentioning. So sorry! (If you'd like to find more, you can either leave a comment and I'll promise to reply, or ask your friends who are connected in the indie community.)


I don't own all of these, and I haven't read all of these. But the next best thing (besides leaving a review—that would be a perfect Christmas gift for an indie author!) is sharing about the books so that others can find ones in their favorite genres.


So. Let's get started!

Poison's Dance by Tricia Mingerink

Released August 26


A retelling of The Twelve Dancing Princesses. I haven't even read the first two books in this series, much less this one, but if they're anywhere as good as her Blades of Acktar series, they're definitely ones to read. (Genre: fantasy)


The Crownless King by Kara Linaburg

Released September 1


I haven't read this one or it's prequel yet, but The Broken Prince is on my kindle and therefore on my very-soon-TBR! (Genre: fantasy)

Fifteen by Amie Woleslagle

Released October 23

This collection of poems is so beautiful. For those feeling lost...drowning...anxious...worthless. This one's for you. I know that this book is going to touch a lot of lives. Read my review here. (Genre: nonfiction)


A Very Bookish Thanksgiving by Sarah Holman, Kelsey Bryant, Rebekah Jones, J. Grace Pennington, Amanda Tero

Released October 26


This collection of five stories is a limited edition book! As in, once 2021 hits, it's gone forever. So make sure you get your copy before the end of the month! (Genre: uhhhh idk, but each story is inspired by a classic, so that's super cool)


Until We All Run Free by Heather Wood

Released October 27


I reallllllly want to read this one! I suppose I need to read book 1 first, though...but they sound sooooo good! Plus, I haven't read a Civil War-era book in a long time. (Genre: historical fiction)

The Lady of Lanaria by Michaela Bush

Released November 6

This one is a sweet Rapunzel retelling! If you're a fan of heroines that play the violin, grow herbs (and knows how to use them medically too), and can make a mean loaf of bread, this one's for you. *grins* Find my review here. (Genre: fantasy)


 Untitled by Jesseca Wheaton

Released November 11


Oh mY hEaRT. This one's painful, y'all, and recommended for a bit older readers due to some of the subject matter. But like...*flails* read my review here. (Genre: historical fiction)


Stop the Rain by Kassie Angle

Released November 11


*Cries* so good. Sososo good. Heartwrenching. Rains on your soul. (*smirks* see what I did there?) But the chARacTERs. Read my review here. (Genre: contemporary)

Dawn and the Letters by Eliza Noel
Released November 26


Isn't this cover adorable?? This middle grade book is the second in a series, and I haven't even read the first book yet, buuuuut I've heard so many great things about it. So. Know a younger reader? Go check this one out! (Genre: contemporary)


Hopefully your indie TBR has grown significantly! ;) What are your favorite indie releases of the year (or of all time)?

2 comments:

  1. I need to read about half of these... XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the first of Heather Wood's books and it is so good! I really want to read the second! I also released my first short story on Amazon this year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't see your comment appear right away? No worries! After getting far too many nasty scam comments, I turned on the comment moderator. Your comment will appear once I approve it!