Thursday, December 10, 2020

103 Gift Ideas for the Book Lover: A Collaboration


(I was going to post a review on Tuesday since I'm joining a few other ladies in this today, buuuut didn't get there #oops)


Have a bit of last-minute shopping to do but don't know what to get that one person who always asks for books? But you don't wanna get them books? (breaks my heart when someone tells me "I'm not going to just get you books" but...I also understand, y'know? It's like when I tell my brothers I'm not just going to give them food for Christmas.


Devastating.


But. Since you're bound and determined not to give books (or maybe you just don't know what books they would want...or maybe you're wanting to buy something for yourself), we've got you covered!


(I should go into marketing; I'm so persuasive)


ANYWAY. I know I'm terribly entertaining, but I know that's not what you're here for. (I mean...I know you follow my blog 'cause of my snark, since who would want to read book reviews n' other random...bookish...stuff?) So fine. Here's 20 things you can give to the book lover in your life. And, if you order asap, you miiiiiight be able to get it by Christmas?


No promises. Mailing is insane right now. But I mean, there's always the chance, right? (and if not, just stick an I.O.U under the tree. Works like a charm)


Narnia + Tolkien inspired candles | Irewolf Candles and Curiosities


I *cough* am ashamed to say that I haven't bought anything from Irewolf. Yet. But it's because there's sooooo many amazing candles that Y'ALL HOW DO I EVEN CHOOSE. *deep sniff* Maybe if I sniff hard enough, I can smell them from here. *cries*


Dragon Book Compartment 

Okay, okay, if you're at all into fantasy, then this is the c o o l e s t thing ever. Serious Smaug vibes here.


Not only is this one of the CoOlESt shops EVER (I hopped onto Instagram and caught the tail end of everyone unboxing the Narnia crates, and I was low key drooling), the merch is super unique and so cool.

I don't really read Steampunk and I don't wear earrings (or any other jewelry, for that matter...tbh I don't usually take the time to pick something out, haha), but these could also work for anyone with a love of owls. And cog wheels. (though whyyy would you have a love of cog wheels? *scratches head*)

Classic audio dramas | Lamplighter Theatre

Anyone else grow up with these as road trip staples?? For real, though...they're sooooo good. If you're needing recommendations, Sir Malcolm and the Missing Prince is my family's favorite (yes, and my favorite too *grins*)

THIS IS SO GENIUS. Like, I love this idea!! I love to lend books (don't freak out, it's only been a bad idea once), so this is a super fun idea. Not that I would ever actually remember to use it, buuuuut

Oh my word, y'all, I'm dying! This is soooo unique and perfect for the sarcastic Shakespeare fan! "There's no more faith in thee than in a stewed prune" Okay, I think even non-Shakespearean fans will get a kick out of this one. Someone put a whole lotta time into that poster. *cackles*

Let's just pretend for a moment that I don't prefer showers to baths, and let me say I NEED THIS, 'KAY?? Do you have any idea how often I've wished that I could read in the shower (or bathtub)?? Not that I'd ever get the courage to actually SUspENd my bOOk OvER WAteR, mind you, but like...there's even a support to hold the book up. *cries*

Collectible editions of classic books | Amazon

THESE ARE SOOOOO PRETTY. You can seriously find so many different kinds of collectible covers, but these are some super, super adorable editions of Heidi, Little Women, A Little Princess, and Anne of Green Gables. Cloth-bound...hardcover...colorful...yes please.

Narnia audio dramas | Focus on the Family

My sis got these for Christmas once, but once we started listening, I became obsessed. *cough* I've read the first three books, but I know what the rest of the series is about 'cause I listened to 'em in epic audio drama version and they are phenomenal.

Create Explore Read just has the best bookmarks in general. Enough said.

Book-inspired phone flip case | ChickLit Designs

I AM OBSESSED WITH THESE AND IF I DIDN'T NEED AN ARMORED CASE FOR MY PHONE (anyone else here drop their phone alllll the time? on hard flooring???) I WOULD BUY ONE. Seriously. Go looooook.

...Oh my word this is a m a z i n g. For the plant + book lover...this is a must have. Shoot, if you're crafty, you could even do this yourself. It's extremely heartbreaking to see this done to books (y'all. A hole. Right down the middle of the entire thing.) but if the plant people you know are like the plant people I know (looking at you, Darcie & Ashleigh *smirks*), the sacrifice will be worthwhile.

Ohmygoodness I love this!! It's so vintage + rustic looking, would go with pretty much any outfit, and it's a BOOK. You can even add your own lil' message inside.

A book sleeve crocheted by yours truly 

I was originally supposed to link to something else here, buuuut it's no longer available. So. If you're interested in a book sleeve, email me using the form on the bottom of the sidebar and I can send you some pictures!

Book-inspired coffee blends | Fable Grounds Coffee

I'm not a coffee drinker. But some of these blends are making me seriously wanna change my mind. *grins*

Please tell me I'm not the only one who actually had to google that reference...Anyway. Would you believe me if I told you that I don't own any bookish apparel? It's true. I own zero t-shirts with book quotes on them. No totes with bookish phrases. It's really sad.


I'd buy one if I actually used mugs on a regular basis...so many good writer mugs.

I would looooove a floating bookshelf. Or five. You can ask my mom, I will use books as decor whenever possible. So to have them floating on my wall would be the perfect touch.

Watercolor journal | Across Fields Studio

I adore flowers. And I adore watercolor paintings. And I adore journals + notebooks even though I rarely use them. This one is sooooo cute.


So. There is 20 of 103 amazing gift ideas for the bookworm in your life! Don't forget to check out the blogs of the lovely ladies joining me in this collaboration! (Also, thanks, Julia, for organizing this whole thing! *grins*)



If you were to choose one item from this list to receive, what would you choose?

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE THESE. 😍 My favorites would probably have to be the floating bookshelves, locket necklace, and personal library kit. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it odd to say I am seldom a fan of bookish merch??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Narnia candles!?! *screams*
    Haha, love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHH STOP!!! I want all of these!!! And I'm not even suppose to be the book obsessed girl in my family...oops! I wish i hadn't already ordered gifts. Curse you planning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want all of these! I sadly have zero book merch, which is very sad because not only am I a voracious reader, I am also a writer. That combo screams a need for book merch! XDDD Thanks for sharing! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Don't see your comment appear right away? No worries! After getting far too many nasty scam comments, I turned on the comment moderator. Your comment will appear once I approve it!