Tuesday, October 15, 2019

The 20 Questions Book Tag


Today I've got a super fun post for you! Ellen @ Ellen's Musings tagged me for the 20 Book Questions Tag! (Thanks, Ellen!)
Yes, that's right. Twenty questions. So let's get to it.

1. How many books are too many in a series?
Um . . . I generally like around 6 in a series. So maybe 10 or more? (Not gonna lie, though, I read every. Single. Trixie Belden book out there and still wanted more)

2. How do you feel about cliffhangers?
To read them? They're awful and yet incredibly amazing at the same time. I love surprises. Though if it's a cliffhanger at the end of the book and I don't have the next book handy . . . not a fan. As far as writing goes, however . . . THEY'RE DA BOMB. Just sayin'.

3. Hardcover or paperback?
Oooh, this is a hard one. I'd generally say paperback, but hardbacks are so much sturdier, and I don't worry about taking them along in the tractor or someplace like that. They both have their positives and negatives.

4. What's your favorite book?
HAAAAHA. Um. I seriously hate this question. *sits staring at the screen for about 10292 seconds* Way too many. Buuuuuut . . . I adore Fallen Angel by Jeff Strueker & Alton Gansky. (Didn't see that coming, did ya?)

5. Least favorite book?
I hate labeling least favorite books. It feels like I'm betraying all my bookwormish-ness. However, I will say that Jilted by Varina Denman was pretty awful. Definitely not my thing.

6. Fiction or nonfiction?
Fiction all the way, baby!

7. The most recent book you couldn't finish?
Carbon Copy Cowboy by Arlene James. It wasn't awful . . . just didn't keep my interest with all the other books I started reading at the time.

8. A book you're currently reading?
Dewdrops and Butterflies by Libby May! It's a fun read so far. (Review coming on Thursday!)

9. Last book you recommended to someone?
Oh goodness, I don't remember . . . a Trixie Belden book to my sis, probably. This time she's actually taking my advice! #shocker

10. Oldest book you've read? (publication date)
I'm gonna steal Ellen's answer and say the Bible, haha!

11. Newest book you've read? (publication date)
Freedom by Faith Potts. (Strands of Truth by Colleen Coble was actually published on the same day, but hey, I liked Freedom better, so there's that.) Published on Sept. 10!

12. Favorite author?
So harrrrrd. There's so many authors I love. One of them, like Ellen's, happens to be Susan K. Marlow. But I'll put Jack Cavanaugh as an all-time favorite.

13. Buying books or borrowing?
Buying, if possible. If I don't want to hurt my wallet too much, I'll borrow.

14. A book you dislike that everyone else seems to love?
On Distant Shores by Sarah Sundin. *cringes and ducks the rotten tomatoes* So, in my defense, it was years ago and I might like it by now. But Ms. Sundin put far too romance in it for me. Maybe I should try another Sundin book.

15. Bookmarks or dog-ears?
Bookmarks. Unless I'm too lazy to go get one and/or can't find one, then I'll memorize the page number (and, yes, sometimes forget it and have to find my place again). No dog-ears. Huge no-no. 

16. A book you can always re-read?
Oh goodness, I don't even know. There's actually not very many that I've reread . . . let's go with the Questions of War series by Jesseca Wheaton. *hugs all the precious cinnamon rolls*

17. Can you read while listening to music?
Sometimes . . . ? If I'm really zoned in and can tune everything out (like I do sometimes when the fam is making noise), yeah. Because I don't even notice the music. But if it's loud enough to interrupt my concentration, then no. Unless it's from a movie soundtrack.

18. One POV or multiple POVs?
While I like multiple POVs, I prefer just one. *shrugs*

19. Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days?
Until I actually got older and had to start being a responsible adult, I'd read a book in one sitting. But alas, those days are gone. *cries* I generally read 1-2 books a week, which is still a good amount, I suppose.

20. Who do you tag?
Kaitlyn @ Maidens for Modesty

Brooklyne @ Showers of Blessings

And here are the questions, all put together nice and pretty for your convenience:

1. How many books are too many in a series?
2. How do you feel about cliffhangers?
3. Hardcover or paperback?
4. What's your favorite book?
5. Least favorite book?
6. Fiction or nonfiction?
7. The most recent book you couldn't finish?
8. A book you're currently reading?
9. Last book you recommended to someone?
10. Oldest book you've read? (publication date)
11. Newest book you've read? (publication date)
12. Favorite author?
13. Buying books or borrowing?
14. A book you dislike that everyone else seems to love?
15. Bookmarks or dog-ears?
16. A book you can always re-read?
17. Can you read while listening to music?
18. One POV or multiple POVs?
19. Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days?
20. Who do you tag?


Does this tag look like fun? Go ahead and do it if you'd like—and let me know if you do!

6 comments:

  1. Aw, thank you so much for doing the tag, Kaitlyn! I enjoyed reading your answers. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was super fun, Kaitlyn!!! :D I definitely agree on the dog-ears, though...ugh. Those things are TERRIBLE!!!

    Nice post! ^^

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Don't see your comment appear right away? No worries! After getting far too many nasty scam comments, I turned on the comment moderator. Your comment will appear once I approve it!