Tuesday, October 29, 2019

NaNoWriMo Prep


So, this morning I made a decision.

I will be participating in NaNoWriMo 2019.

*Screams* Nope, nope, I really don't know what I'm doing. Especially since November is looking to be . . . well . . . pretty busy for my family. So I doubt that I'll reach 50k words in a month. (I wrote like a madwoman when I wrote Beloved, and that was only for 35k in a month.) It'll take a miracle, really, haha!

BUT. I'm gonna go for it. Because I've got so much inspiration for my story right now that I just need to get out on the paper, even if I don't reach the goal. Because if I don't go for it now, hard telling when I actually will write it.

So, just in case you're curious to know what my project is, I'm actually going to be restarting my Camp NaNo July project. Except from Wyatt's point of view. With a changed name. (Actually there's gonna be a lot of name changing *cries*)

So, I ask you: DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE FOR A NANOWRIMO NEWBIE?!

Here I am, 4 days before the thing starts, and I've barely started planning. Heh.

What are you doing to prep? I'm going to try to do some plotting, but I usually get so confused when I try to write out the plot that seems amazing in my head. Soooo . . . this'll be an adventure! ;P

Honestly, though, I find it much more fun to build the Pinterest board and playlist than to actually plot or research. Anyone else have this problem?? 

Y'know, this post was supposed to be all about preparing for NaNo, outlining, all that jazz. But, in typical Kaitlyn fashion . . . that didn't happen. But hey, you get a disjointed freak-out post. Fabulous, huh? ;)


Have any prep tips? Or just tips for surviving? Help!

7 comments:

  1. So exciting! We are in the same boat... I never written 50K in one month. But I'm going to work towards that goal and hope to make lots of progress!! ;)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSSSS YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

    I just wrote a NaNo post here: https://thepeculiarmessenger.wordpress.com/2019/10/24/5-tips-for-slaying-nanowrimo/

    And YESSS JUST FEEL FREE TO CHAT WITH ME ANYTIME

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Kaitlyn! This is my first year ever participating in Camp NaNoWriMo, and I'm so excited! Like you, I'm pressing for the goal of 50K words by the month's end. :-)
    What's your NaNoWriMo username so that I can find/friend you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow! Best of luck! <3
      My username is SunflowerKate :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks!! :-)
      I found your profile and just invited you to be my friend on NaNoWriMo!

      Delete

Don't see your comment appear right away? No worries! After getting far too many nasty scam comments, I turned on the comment moderator. Your comment will appear once I approve it!