Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Me in Book Characters: a Blog Tag

I was tagged by the lovely Rebekah from Rebekah Ashleigh to participate in this fabulous-looking tag, where I share some book characters that I'm most like.


The rules:
-Thank the creator of the tag (don't know who this is, but . . . thanks?)
-Thank whoever tagged you (I appreciate it, Rebekah!)
-List 5 book characters whom you are most like and explain why (we'll see if I can find that many, haha!)
-Tag your friends (I tag Katja, Angela, and Kassie!)

Now to five book characters that I relate with the most!

1. Andrea Carter


So, yeah, I can't say that Andi and I have a lot of preferences in common; she'd rather spend all day outside with her horse, doing anything but be a 'proper' lady. I, on the other hand, enjoy staying inside (though I love riding as well!), and I don't mind acting like a lady. So. I relate to Andi in two ways: 1) through personality. I'll read a line and go "dude, that's me!" I love Andi's character so much, and part of that may be because I relate to her personality so well! The second reason I relate to Andi is her big brothers. I feel like Andi & Chad are basically me and my oldest brother, haha! We tend to butt heads (not as much as we used to; maturity comes with age, ya know ;)), but we still love each other. And Mitch? He's like all the other three of my brothers rolled into one!

2. Cara Richards


Yeah, yeah, it's probably cheating to use my own character. But Beloved is a published novel, so that counts, right? ;) Cara is more snarky/jaded/cynical than I am, given what her life has been like the past few years, so our personalities aren't that similar. BUT. I based her struggles off my own. Because everyone has struggles, and I wanted to speak to those that have dealt with depression, insecurity, worthlessness, etc. I wasn't suicidal, but as you may know . . . the book escalated that aspect quickly. ;)


3. Lissa Holden


SPOILER ALERT! I couldn't remember Lissa's last name, so I went with her adopted name. ;P END SPOILER So, Lissa was a foster kid, which naturally made me love the book. I'm not adopted, nor a foster kid, however, so I can't relate to her in this way (but the fostering aspect was such an amazing part, I had to mention it). How I can relate to Lissa? For one, she has a twin brother (with matching initials)! Y'all! When does it ever happen that the twins in a book are boy + girl?? UM YES PLEASE. The second reason is that, though several years younger than me, Lissa had struggles that hit me so hard with how I could relate. Her aversion to people, fear of crowds . . . uh, ouch. And yes, you just found out one of my weaknesses. ;)


4. Alex Carson


Alex's personality was . . . very similar to mine, actually. Quiet in a group, but talkative one-on-one.  Her fears of being rejected, of being left behind, actually surprised me with what I could relate with. But what I loved most about her story was that she had a brother who was such a tease, and often went over the top with his sarcasm and snarky comments—many of them borderline insulting. And Alex really struggled with that. THIS, y'all. Scary how much I could relate to all this.


4. Sadie Boden

I . . . actually didn't really like this book. I'll save my thoughts for a potential review, but let's just say . . . yeah, no. So, I'm listing one of the main characters here because 1) I didn't have time to go hunting high and low for a different character, and 2) Sadie being the youngest of three, with her other siblings as brothers, made for a lot of situations that made me nod and say, "mhmmm." For instance, Her brothers are threatening to kill whoever wants to marry her, simply for wanting to do so. Another reason is that, being the youngest, she feels like she has to prove to them that she really can take care of herself and pull her own weight. Now, I don't want to get out with the guys and do their work, because I know I can't. But being a girl in a male-majority household for most of my life, I know the feeling. ;)


So, there we go! I'll probably think of better characters later, but oh well. ;)

What is one character that you relate to the most?

10 comments:

  1. I’m so glad you did the tag, Kaitlyn! I loved seeing which characters you chose.
    I almost chose Lissa from Through the Tunnel too! I related to her in some ways. I ended up going with someone else, but I did almost do her. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing the tag! Wasn’t it hard to come up with characters!? I had to brainstorm pretty hard when I came up with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahahaha!! Thanks for the tag! I actually stole it from Brooklyne & Rebekah as soon as the posted it and wrote up my post, planning to post it in like June. XP Now I get to say I was tagged instead of stealing it, so thanks. XP Also i so totally need to read “Theough the Tunnel.” And i want to reread “Beloved” now. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! Well, you're very welcome. ;) *bows*
      Yesss, you do!! It's so, so super sweet!!
      Dawwww ^_^

      Delete
  4. Hmm, I am kind of like Andi. I love horses and am happiest in the country. I also love adventurous books, like her. So, yeah, I'm a lot like Andi.
    ~Elate
    P.S. If you look long and hard enough on Andi Carter's blog you can find a character quiz to find out which character from Andi's family you are most like. [I was Andi. *smile*]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, there ya go! ;)
      Ohh, yeah, I remember taking that quiz . . . I think I was half-Chad, half-Andi . . . I think. Or maybe I was half-Chad, half-Melinda? I don't remember xD

      Delete
  5. Ahhh, thanks for tagging me!! This is gonna be hard but I’m looking forward to it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *grins* you bet! Looking forward to your answers! :D

      Delete

Don't see your comment appear right away? No worries! After getting far too many nasty scam comments, I turned on the comment moderator. Your comment will appear once I approve it!