Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Book Buddy Collab Tag


Today I've got another tag for you . . . but this one's a little different. ;) I was tagged by Katja @ Little Blossoms for Jesus (thanks, Katja!) to do this super fun-looking tag, for which I enlisted my bestie Faith's help! How does it work? Well, I answer the questions in the way I think are accurate for Faith, and on her blog, she'll answer the questions the way she thinks are accurate for me.

Sound fun? I sure think so!

You can find Faith's post HERE.

The rules:
-Thank the blogger that tagged you. Link back to the creator.
-Pick a bookish blogger friend to do the tag with you and contact them. (Well I obviously picked/contacted Faith . . . )
-Coordinate so that your bookish buddy posts their part of the tag on the same day as you. Be sure to link to their post/blog on yours!
-Answer the questions given. Comment on your buddy's post to let them know how well they answered!
-Tag five other bookish bloggers and give them a set of 10 new questions.

I'm gonna go ahead and tag some people right now . . . I tag the first five people who comment with the person with whom they want to do this tag!

*grins and rubs hands together* okay, time to have some fun! I read through the questions and was actually surprised by how much I didn't know . . . Faith and I talk about different stuff so much that we hardly talk about books anymore, haha!

1. What's your buddy's favorite book-to-movie adaption?
I honestly don't know what book-to-movie adaptions she's seen . . . but I'll go with Anne of Green Gables here. Allllll three of the movies (the third of which I have yet to see . . . maybe on your next visit, eh, girlie?), especially the third.

2. What's their favorite cliché/trope?
Uhhhh . . . *cringes* I'm . . . not sure? *thinks* OH OH injured/broken guys, physically or mentally (or, even better, both). That need healing. Find a girl. Fall in love. All that jazz. *nods* She loves them broken dudes.

3. What's their favorite movie?
Ha. Hahahaha. Haahhhhaaaa. Ummm . . . I know she loves Midway . . . and When Calls the Heart (which is technically a series BUT) . . . I don't know what else?? Can I go with TV series too? 'Cause I'm pretty sure one of her current obsessions is Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye. As for official favorite movie movie, though, I'm pretty much clueless. *cringes*

4. What's their least favorite genre?
Oh goodness . . . I'll go with sci-fi. That's my first guess. That or horror. (but, Pottsy, have you ever even read horror?) *shrugs* Idk. One of those two.

5. Do they check reviews before buying or reading a book, or just dive right in?
Um, my guess is that she sometimes asks the opinions of people she trusts & reads their reviews, if she knows they've read it and she has questions . . . but most of the time just picks it up because it looks cool.

6. What's your buddy's all-time favorite character?
WHAT question is this?! Um . . . James. From her own book, Freedom. Because he's fabulous and amazing and broken and a lil' piece of her dear heart. But if a character from a book other than her own . . . possiblyyyyy Rafe from Jesseca Wheaton's Questions of War series? I don't know *hides* OH WAIT there's also Sam from Interrupted by Rachel Coker. Hmm . . . *rubs chin*

7. Can you name three of their favorite nonfictions?
UH HELP. I don't knowwww! Mayyyybe Made for the Journey by Elizabeth Elliott, the Go Teen Writers book, and . . . Faith, that one book you took pictures of with the pinecones + flannel a couple of years ago? Idek xD

8. What's their favorite series?
Is it awful of me to say that I don't know? *chuckles nervously* I'm seriously drawing a blank here. Um. *scratches head* The Questions of War series? 'Cause, I mean, they are her writing partner's books . . .

9. Does your buddy enjoy buddy-reading? ;P
Yeah, I think so—I've never personally buddy-read anything with her, but I'm pretty sure she has before and enjoyed it . . . or maybe it's just buddy-binge-watching a favorite TV show that she enjoys. ;)

10. Does your buddy like to snack while reading?
*cackles* my buddy will do anything while reading. Snap her fingers? Check. Stalk Instagram? Check. Play with her dog? Check. Watch TV? Check. Listen to music? Check. Snack? Double check. (And if I'm wrong . . . well . . . I suppose I'll get over it.)


Okay, ten new questions for the tagged people:

1. Who's your buddy's favorite author?
2. What's their favorite trope?
3. What's (one of) their all-time favorite books?
4. When is their favorite time of day to read?
5. What is their favorite book-to-movie adaption?
6. What is their favorite nonfiction books?
7. What are three of their favorite book covers?
8. Do they prefer series or standalones?
9. What movie or TV show reminds them of their favorite series?
10. Are they a stay-up-until-morning-to-finish-the-book person, or a sleep-is-too-important person?

Faith, m'girl! How'd I do??

8 comments:

  1. THIS LOOKS SO HARD OMGOSH. Lovely job, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *is seriously laughing so hard* YOU DID SO GOOD, MY DUDE.

    As for one, you are right. AoGG is the bomb. My favorite of those is #3, which technically isn't really based on the books, but still right. AND YES YOU'VE GOT TO SEE IT.
    Number two, right again. Along with second chance love stories.
    Number three, yup, Midway for favorite movie. Also Beautiful Dreamer, another one I need to get you to watch. Both WWII? Oh, the irony.
    Four and five, bingo. Dang, you're good.
    I cackled so much through #6. James, Rafe, Walt, Leith, AND I'D FORGOTTEN SAM. (How could I? xD) All my epic dudes.
    Ahaha, finally one (#7), that you didn't totally nail. I'd choose Passion & Purity by Elisabeth Elliot over Made for the Journey. ;) Go Teen Writers is correct. *laughs* I REMEMBER THAT PIC. The book was Let's Keep Christmas by Peter Marshall—a good read, but not a favorite. Not sure what I'd say for my third fav non-fic, actually... maybe something history.
    Eight is right (along with If I Run, Angels Walking, Blades of Acktar, etc....), and so is nine...and ten... xD

    YOU'RE SO GOOD AND I MISS YOU AND WE HAVE MOVIES TO WATCH SO COME SEE ME ALREADY. <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS, MY DUDE.

      *grinning through your whole comment* I'm not gonna reply to every lil' thing (but YES LEITH), but you never fail to brighten my day. xD

      YES I MISS YOU TOO. YOU come see ME. xD

      Delete
  3. Lol it took me a minute to realize *I* came up with those questions and they weren’t the ones I answered. XP This was so much fun to read!!! You did amazing. XD Funny how little we talk of book stuff among bookish friends, ain’t it? XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. My current obsession is Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye too!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Ellie, you out there? Want to take a shot at this??

    ReplyDelete

Don't see your comment appear right away? No worries! After getting far too many nasty scam comments, I turned on the comment moderator. Your comment will appear once I approve it!